Hotend Falling Out
If you are experiencing your hotend falling out from the extruder, there is a simple fix that will lock your extruder in place
- The tension screw is not tight enough
- The allen screw located on the front aluminum plate is the tensioner that holds your hotend in place. It is likely that this has come loose. Grab the allen wrench out of the tool kit that came with your printer.
- Make sure to turn off your printer.
- Loosen your hotend by turning the tensioner screw counterclockwise a few turns.
- Push the hotend as far as it can go up into the seated ring and make sure it is flat against it.
- While you are holding it there, screw the allen screw clockwise until you feel a good amount of resistance and the hotend cannot be pulled out with your hand. Make sure you align the heater block to be parallel with the fron of the extruder so the hotend cover will lay flat against the magnets when reinstalling.
- Turn the printer back on and test. If it still falls out, try tightening the allen screw even more.
Please sign in to leave a comment.