When the filament tube doesn't stay attached to the extruder (and then won't print), these are the instructions for replacement assembly.
The issue happens when it looks like the white filament tube is disconnected from the extruder on the Robo E3. There is a part that needs to be swapped out on the top of the extruder, where the white tube attaches. It looks like this, and improved replacements can be purchased from this link. (the old version works as well if you have already purchased).
The steps are as follows:
- Remove the filament in the printer. Press “Filament” on the control panel and then choose “Change” to remove the existing filament. You do not need to load any new filament yet.
- If it is attached, pull out the white filament tube from the top of the extruder by pressing down on the black plastic ring holding it in place. If the tube has already detached, just go to the next step.
- Unscrew the part with a wrench or pliers after you unload the filament and tube.
- Substitute it with this improved version. It will look a little different but functions the same. Screw it into the same spot on the top of the extruder.
- Re-insert the white filament tube and push it into the new part until it does not pull out.
- Re-load filament into the extruder using the “Load” command in the printer’s “Filament” menu.
Please email us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org